The 20th Annual Leaders’ Meeting of the Black Sea Littoral States Border/Coast Guard Authorities Cooperation Forum was held on Thursday, 17th October 2019 in Antalya. The forum was initiated in 2000 with the common decision of all littoral states to contribute to the maritime security and navigation safety of the Black Sea. All Black Sea participating countries take turns in hosting the forum and this year it was Turkey’s turn.
Delegations from Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Russian Federation, Ukraine, and Turkey, with their Heads of Border/Coast Guard Agencies participated in the meeting. In the first session, which was open to press;
- Minister of Interior Mr. Süleyman SOYLU delivered an opening speech,
- Head of State Border Guard Service of Ukraine Colonel Serhii DEINEKO presented the progress report as the chair of the 2018-2019 term,
- The chairmanship was handed over to Turkey from Ukraine,
- The Coast Guard Commandant Rear Admiral Ahmet KENDİR delivered a speech as the BSCF chair of the 2019-2020 term.
Within the framework of the meeting;
- “The Progress Reports of the 2018-2019 Working Groups” have been presented,
- “The Joint Action Plan” regarding the scheduled common activities in 2019-2020 has been drafted and adopted,
- The leaders have agreed to continue fruitful cooperation in future.